I had heard of the Liebster Blog Award and thought what a brilliant idea. Supporting bloggers alike and acknowledging their work through other bloggers. So when Shannon at My2morrows nominated me along with 9 others, I was excited as I am just a fresh-faced blogger graduated from Clever Cookie Blog School and it was here I met a wonderful and encouraging group of 130+bloggers. (I got to meet the girls from Sydney for a high noon tea at the QVB, post coming soon.)
About the award- The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by fellow bloggers. As a way of recognising your blog and a way to connect and discover other amazing blogs out there. Liebster is a German word for 'favourite'.
A few rules that come with the nomination are:
- Link back and recognise the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer ten questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
- Create ten questions for nominees to answer.
- Notify your nominees.
- Get an award button and display it proudly.
And here are the questions I answered:
1. Inspiration behind your blog? I set up my blog as a personal journal for my creative stuff like craft and photography. Now that it's become public, it has become a place to find ideas and inspirations for music lovers and families.
2.On your bedside table? I wish my bedside table looks like something from Pinterest. Instead, a lamp, pen and paper to write down my dreams and ideas. It's where I do all my thinking.
3. Favourite song/album? Song: Soul II Soul, Back to Life. Album: Fleetwood Mac, Rumours.
4. Favourite drink? Lately it's been pink lemonade, such a summer drink.
5. What were you doing a decade ago?I had broken up my 6 year relationship with a guy and for the first time I felt free and single, mind you I did go out on dates but nothing serious came out of any. I moved to Cammeray then moved to Rozelle in Sydney with two of my friends. I worked in a hairdressing salon in the city as a colourist.
6. Favourite quote? 'I am too fond of the stars to be afraid of the dark.' Gallileo
7. Describe your style? At the moment, it's loose everything as I am expanding into a round ball. I normally wear my jeans with a loose top and a bold lippy to make me feel girlie.
8. Most treasured possession? My grandma's gold earrings. It was the last pair she wore.
9. Favourite holiday destination? Thailand and Hawaii. I've visited 3 times each throughout my life with my parents and now with my family.
10. What is one random thing that most people don't know about you? I sky jumped, loved it!
The ten I nominate are:
- Chris- Bits & Pieces
- Jackie- Hippie Mumma
- Stephanie- Stephs Joy
- Stephanie- A Little Like Martha
- Victoria- Boiled Eggs and Soldiers
- Lisa Marie- The Retro Mumma
- Jesse- Gold Dust Days
- Jacinta- Amity Loves Pink
- Diana- Diana Photography blog
- Catherine- Peregrination Gourmande
Here are the questions for our nominees to answer:
1. What inspired you to start your blog journey?
2. Give us a little about your background e.g work, family etc
3. Most inspiring person.
4. Favourite quote?
5. Favourite movie?
6. You won $1 million, how would you spend it?
7. Five famous people you would invite to for dinner (dead or/and alive).
8. Best way to spend time with your family.
9. Favourite drink?
10. Favourite memory from your childhood.
Look forward to reading your answers..